Last update: January 23, 2023
Recent changes include:
- deleted earlier versions of pages on this website, which had been temporarily archived
- news update of a second distribution to class members (11/9/22)
- a reminder to keep us updated about moves and other changes (11/9/22).
This website has been redesigned to focus on information about distributions of dissolution proceeds and other steps after the Court’s approval (with modifications) of the dissolution settlement in July 2021 and the final determinations in August 2022 of eligibility to participate in distributions as Settlement Class members.
- Updates (below) present news and recent postings.
- FAQs give you information and instructions about
- issues that may arise or steps you may need to take (examples: an address change or the lost- check process) and
- common Class member questions (example: if/when there’ll be another distribution).
- Archives store information, notices, court filings, and other materials from earlier stages of the Court case and settlement proceedings.
11/9/22: 2nd Distribution to Eligible Class Members
Around 2600 settlement class members were issued and mailed a distribution check of up to $3930 each by the Settlement Administrator in the second week of November 2022. It is anticipated that there will be another, final distribution when the Co-op’s dissolution is complete; this will be in 2023 at the earliest.
Only those eligible for the first distribution were sent a check for this second distribution. All the deadlines to apply for eligible class membership have passed; it is too late to qualify for a share in the Co-op’s dissolution.
11/9/22: Reminder about Address/Name Changes and Updating your W-9
Have you changed address or there’s been some other change in circumstances, and the second distribution check did not catch up with you or there’s a problem cashing the check that you did receive? Contact a Class Counsel team member (firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-965-9005) to explain the issue.
Even if the second check reached you and could be cashed, that may not happen for the anticipated final distribution in 2023. It is important to update the W-9 if, for example, the class member passes away, changes marital status and last name, or moves from the address on the W-9 that was submitted. A new, updated W-9 (see FAQ) should be sent to Class Counsel with the class member’s Notice I.D. (if known) and former address/name at the top of the form.
Archives (storage pages) have been created for convenient reference to past important documents — Court Orders and other filings relating to definition and preliminary certification of the Settlement Class, the Court’s consideration of the proposed settlement and objections filed to the proposal, and procedural and other issues resolved by Court orders entered before July 1, 2022.
Links in the archived documents may have been disabled. For example, links for submission of documents or to check on class membership are inoperable. It is too late to apply for Settlement Class membership or establish eligibility to share in distributions.